To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Forgot account password for second vault but still have master password for first vault

Options
rochness
rochness
Community Member

I have 1password on three different devices. On all three devices I set up my 1 password apps in the same way to manage two different accounts.

The master password on all devices is the master password for the first (primary) vault/account that was added. Since I never have to type in the password for my second account, I have now forgotten that password and I can't add that account to additional devices.

I'm assuming I will need to reset that second account, but how do I do that without having to wipe out my primary account?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @rochness

That is correct. Without the Master Password, you cannot add the account to additional devices and the thing will need to be deleted and reset. Prior to doing any of that, I would recommend that you rescue the data. Since you still have access to the account data through your other devices, I would suggest that you move all the data from the soon-to-be-deleted account to somewhere you still have access to. Information on moving items around between vaults can be found at https://support.1password.com/move-share-items.

Once you have that all taken care of, let us know and we can proceed.

• rochness
    rochness
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Corey_C for getting back to me.

I have moved all my data from my soon-to-be-deleted account to the vault that I want to keep. What's the next step?

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

@rochness

The next step cannot be done here as it involves discussing private information and this is a public forum. So here's what I want you to do. Send an email to support@1password.com with your forum username, the link to this thread and your issue. You will get a response from BitBot with a Support ID. Come back here and post that support ID so that we can connect the dots and find your email. We will then take the conversation over there.

• rochness
    rochness
    Community Member
    Options

@Corey_C

done, here's my support ID: #UYE-62895-261

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @rochness. We will be right with you.

ref: UYE-62895-261

This discussion has been closed.