2FA in shared Vault

Options

Hi 1P Team,

I am facing a problem with 2FA using a shared vault (1P for Families) i created a 2FA entry in one of my logins using my iPhone and the 1P App and moved it to the shared vault with my wife. When she now tries to use the codes generated by 1P on windows these codes are not accepted by the website. Also she sees different codes on her PC (using her 1P account) then me using my phone (with my account) by watching the same entry in the same vault at the same time.

What can I do to solve this problem. I would like to keep using 2FA.

Thank you in advance

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1P for Families

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Tabaluga,

Thanks for writing in.

Have your wife check her time settings, it is out of sync with your time. 99% of the times, when the 2FA tokens are different, it is because the time is different.

2FA token depends on a secret code plus time, you've shared the same secret with your wife but if she has different time, it will not match until her time is correct.

• Tabaluga
    Tabaluga
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike,

Yes this was the issue. Thanks for the help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Mike, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that fixing the time helped. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.