Dell.com login

Options

Hi. As I can see, when I try to login in dell.com to my account, it autofills my password both for username and password. Anyone else has the problem?

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Folder

Comments

• MikeT
    edited August 2018
    Options

Hi @jimger,

Thanks for reporting this.

I just tested this with my own Dell items and it is not filling like that for me, both username/passwords are entered correctly for me consistently.

Can you edit the Dell item in the main 1Password app and scroll down to expand the Web form details, do you see the password inserted in the email address field? If yes, that would explain it.

What I would suggest is recreating the Login item, enter your username/password on Dell's login page but do not submit or press enter. Instead, click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and then click on the gear icon to select Save new Login.

Now, try filling the new Login item to see if it works well. If yes, trash the old one.

• jimger
    jimger
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT I just checked in windows 10 and chrome and indeed works (although I just remembered I updated to the latest beta a couple hours ago). Will check again tomorrow at windows 7, vivaldi and latest stable

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @jimger,

Interesting, do you have any of the browser's password manager enabled? That may interfere with the filling like that. If you see it happen again, try disabling the browser's password manager with this guide: https://support.1password.com/disable-browser-password-manager/

1Password 7.2 betas do have a brand new 1Password Brain version to help improve the accuracy of filling and saving, so that could be it as well.

• jimger
    jimger
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT Confirmed just now. Wrong behavior with latest stable and vivaldi in windows 7, updated to latest beta and now it is working correctly

Also another way different question. How do you handle the syncs through dropbox from multiple locations? I suppose you must have a compare method etc that is able to understand multiple offline operations that could have been made...

My question regarding that is that I would like to use that mechanism in case my google drive and dropbox syncs are out of order. Unfortunately due to company policy I can't use dropbox at work and using google drive as folder for syncing. I have to my laptop a script to autosync dropbox and googledrive but it isn't 24/7. So if I add a new entry from mobile I can end up with 2 band items with the same name that have been updated both in google drive and dropbox. So sync doesn't know what to do and so don't I. I just one version to keep and I am not sure what I have missed. But 1Password should have that knowledge. Is there any way of kinda fix that? Like personal way of syncing actually using 1Password's intelligence

Thanks

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @jimger,

Also another way different question. How do you handle the syncs through dropbox from multiple locations? I suppose you must have a compare method etc that is able to understand multiple offline operations that could have been made...

We use the modified timestamps on the file and inside the file to find what's new and merge it into 1Password's database, like most sync tools. There isn't anything special that you can't do yourself with a script, find the latest modified date and replace it.

Is there any way of kinda fix that? Like personal way of syncing actually using 1Password's intelligence

There isn't. It's why we built 1Password.com in the first place, we have intelligence built into our servers to take care of stuff like this (not to mention we store item history for each item to easily switch versions) but with a decentralized local sync, it is extremely difficult to resolve the conflict when there is nothing that is running 24/7.

Right now, 1Password 7 on Windows does not have a complete sync conflict resolution support for standalone vaults, it's something we plan to add in a future update. This would greatly help when you're manually replacing band files with multiple changes made at the same time. How this work is that we simply merge both sides into the same item, running a field-level comparison; whatever we think is the latest wins but the loser goes into the conflict section stored within the item. This ensures you don't have to always restore to an early backup to restore the right item.

This discussion has been closed.