original export password

Options

I am trying to get my windows 10 to open export files. I am asked for a password. I have never used this before and have no idea where to find the password. I looked in advanced password manager and folder was empty. Please help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Have windows 10 pc. trying to get in export file & am asked for password.Dont know where to find it

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @vegas606,

Thank you for getting in touch! :+1:

Before we proceed with any of the steps, I would like to understand the situation you are in. Am I right to understand that you used Advanced Password Manager, exported your data out of it, and now you are trying to import that data to 1Password? What file format do your exported files have? Please let me know.

If my understanding is not correct, please provide more details. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• dinozzi
    dinozzi
    Community Member
    Options

I would also like to export my passwords to a CSV file. I have a "team" subscription.
    The instructions say to select the passwords to be exported (with CTRL + A) but it is not possible to do so.

• @dinozzi: In 1Password 7 for Windows, you can select one item, then press Ctrl + A to select all items in your item list. You do need to select at least one item first for Ctrl + A to work. If you're wanting to export selected items, though, you might be better served by holding Ctrl as you select items. Once you have the items you want to export selected, right-click in one and select Export.

Also, just as an FYI, exports are primarily meant for moving your data elsewhere. With a 1Password membership, a lot of redundancy is built into 1Password, so if you're wanting to export your data as a backup, you may be okay skipping that. Your data is stored locally on each of your devices in a local cache so that you can access your data offline, everything is automatically backed up to 1Password.com, and 1Password.com itself is backed up regularly as well. Of course, it's all about what you're most comfortable with, so if you feel better having an export saved, that's fine. Just make sure you store it somewhere safe. Exports are unencrypted, so it's necessary to take precautions to protect that data if you need to keep one around. 👍

• dinozzi
    dinozzi
    Community Member
    Options

Ops .... I could not because I was trying to export with the Chrome extension. I did not know there was even a program for Windows

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dinozzi,

If you used 1Password X, please try to download 1Password 7 for Windows and export your data from there. Let us know if it works. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.