Options
2»

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@glow259

If the 1Password keyhole icon is to be called 'anchor button' then I will call it that.

It isn't. The image you included a link to had an arrow pointing specifically at the actual anchor button (which looks like an anchor) in the lower-left corner of the previous version of 1Password's (version 6) details window.

1Password 7 for Mac is a new purchase for everyone, unless you purchased version 6 on or after March 27 of this year. Anything older, such as your 1Password 5 for Mac purchase, will not work to license 1Password 7 for Mac. Your purchase is good up through version 6, but if you want to run the current version -- 1Password 7 -- you'll need to either have a 1password.com membership or a license to use 1Password 7. Both can be set up from with the 1Password 7 app itself. Did you create (or already have) a 1password.com membership?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@glow259: I've removed your email address and purchase details. Please stop posting sensitive information like that. This is a public support forum, and we don't have access to PayPal's systems to try to look up their order number anyway. Also nothing in our system matching the email addresses you provided.

However, based on the purchase date you gave, you won't have a license for 1Password 7 or an account (1Password.com memberships did not exist yet at that time). You will only have an account if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s also the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use the 1Password version you paid for without an account and sync your data yourself.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

But at this point it may be best to move the conversation to email so we can exchange additional details about your situation without you needing to make your purchase information known to the world. Please send an email to support@1password.com from the email address you used for your most recent purchase, include any receipts, and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#UZC-17316-793]

If you’re reading this and you are not glow259, this Support ID is for glow259 only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link it to our current conversation. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: UZC-17316-793

• glow259
    glow259
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

My apologies . . .

I will stay with my current version and will acquire the new as soon as I get familiarized with its features to make it work. I'm also aware that the new is more secure which piqued my interest and the one I have may not have updates anymore. I'm not a texter and wireless activities can take up my time if I allow myself.

Thank you for taking the time and will resort to the above for future reference. I also use an email address guard feature for particulars with the addressee and privacy. I will also use 1Password tech support from now on for further assistance.

Thank you

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.