1Password causing weird graphic issues / glitches / crashes?

Options
Justin Clark
Justin Clark
Community Member
edited September 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Whenever I type and submit a password into a field and submit the form, the 1Password dialog that comes up has been causing some serious graphical issues. My entire display will flash off and back on a couple of times and the 1Password pop-up will appear glitchy. I tried opening About 1Password to check my version number but it caused my display to flash off for about 30 seconds before my computer crashed and restarted. Anyone else having this issue?

specs:
Windows 10
GTX 1070 gpu
i7 8700k cpu
gigabit z370 mobo

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Justin Clark,

Thank you for getting in touch!

What a weird issue: I do not remember seeing reports like this before. Do you have any graphic apps on your PC that could be the culprit?

Additionally, please try rebooting into Safe Mode with Networking and see how 1Password behaves in there. Does this issue remain in Safe Mode?

Cheers,
    Greg

• Justin Clark
    Justin Clark
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply.. after further testing I've determined that I'm having issues with my graphics card-- it appears to be unrelated to 1Password

• @Justin Clark: I actually had some recent trouble with drivers direct from Nvidia myself. Not specific to 1Password, but generally. This was with a GTX1060, but same series, so might be helpful for you too if the card itself isn't giving out. In my case, letting Windows install display drivers for me helped. Might be worth a try for you as well. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.