locked out of 1password after Android app created opvault

Options

Hello
Used 1 password on my note 8 yesterday, and l can see it created a new dropbox folder "opvault". Cannot recall what option in the andoid app i selected for this to happen.

Now this morning I have gone to login to 1password on my PC and phone and it will not accept my password.

please help as lost without all my passwords.

been using 1password for over 5 years now and never had a problem until now

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @StevenA,

I am sorry to hear you bumped into troubles with 1Password!

1Password 7 for Android does not support our old vault format (.agilekechain), so when you upgrade to 1Password 7 now, you are prompted to convert your existing .agilekeychain vault to .opvault. Are you not able to unlock 1Password on any of your devices now?That is quite strange, as conversion should not affect your Master Password in any way.

Moreover, please go to 1Password folder in your Dropbox and check if you see any .legacyagilekeychain files there. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• StevenA
    StevenA
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greg

thank you for your reply. Like everyone here my life is contained within the vault. So I just restored from a back up and I am back in.

Correct the master password did not work, but is working now after restoring from back up.

• @StevenA: While I'm glad you're able to access your vault, I'm concerned your backup may have been of your AgileKeychain and 1Password for Windows may still be pointed there meaning your apps won't sync. If you make a change on one platform, does it show up on the other?

• MikeT
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hi @StevenA,

One more question, did you ever change your master password for that vault in the Android app? We had a customer that said they were able to unlock with the previous password and when they change it again in the Android app, it sync'ed to the Windows app properly and unlocks just as well.

This discussion has been closed.