Deleting Tags doesn't appear to work

Options

I have a tag which I would like to delete. I have four items tagged with this name and (4) shows in the left column against the tag name.. I right click it in the Left column, select delete and confirm deletion. After a moment the tag disappears on all but one item and the number in the left hand column changes to (1). I repeat the process and all the items previously removed reappear under the old tag name and the previous remaining one dispappears. The number in the left column reverts to the previous total less the one that has just disppeared, (ie 3). Repeat the process and I'm back to (1) again. Repeat ad infinitum.
Am I doing something wrong?
By the way I have tried deleting the tag inside each individual item. It goes away and then comes back again.

1Password Version: 7.2.576
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: W10 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Andrew42,

Thank you for getting in touch!

I tried to reproduce this issue in 1Password 7 on my PC (with a local vault), but failed to do so. Tags are deleted correctly on my side.

Are you using the local vault synced via Dropbox? What other devices are you using 1Password on?

Also, please try to completely reboot your PC, restart 1Password, and check if it was just a temporary glitch. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using a local vault and syncing via Dropbox. I acces 1P from PC, IPhone and IPad. I have only tried to delete tags on the PC.

However, I have just found out that if I create a new tag (Trial) and add it to the four items with the tag I am trying to erase/delete, the new tag creates perfectly and I can also delete it without a problem. It would now appear that my problem is with one tag and one tag only. I cannot delete it.

I have just tried something which may have worked. Since I only had four items tagged with the wrong tag I created a duplicate of each which I then saved without any tags at all. I then deleted all the originals which deleted all the items in my vault tagged with the wrong tag. As no items were then tagged with this wrong tag, it too disappeared from my vault. Then all I had to do was edit the four copied items and tag them correctly. Phew!

• Hi @Andrew42,

It sounds like it could be a sync conflict getting in the way. Could you email us your 1Password diagnostics report, it may have capture the errors from the previous sessions when it didn't remove the tag.

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks MikeT. Done.

• Thanks, we got the email and will reply as soon as we can.

ref: CGD-27449-465

This discussion has been closed.