Address Fields in Credit Card Entries

Options

Hi,

Often when filling a credit card web form it requires my address. Roboform credit card items contain the address and can fill in the form, but 1Password credit card items don't. It's a useful feature that I miss. Is there some way to fill in my address when using 1Password credit card entries that I'm missing? If not then I suggest that address fields be added to credit card items.

Mike

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MikeA01730,

Thank you for getting in touch and using 1Password! :)

It is correct: there are no address fields in Credit Card items in 1Password. But you can save your address in Identity item and the access and fill that information from 1Password extension:

Please give it a try and let me know if it suits your needs. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• MikeA01730
    MikeA01730
    Community Member
    Options

Greg,

That does seem to work fine, but Roboform was better. With Roboform (as I recall) I clicked the tool bar icon, then clicked the credit card item I wanted: that's 2 clicks. With 1Password I click the tool bar icon, click Credit Cards in the left, click the credit card item I want, click Identities on the left, and then click my identity: that's 5 clicks. Adding address fields to credit card entries would reduce the 5 clicks to 3.

I know, I sound lazy, but for me saving clicks on a repetitive task is a worthwhile endeavor. Saving clicks is one (not the most important) of the reasons I use a password manager, and I think the more clicks you save us the more we will like your product. I suggest that you add this to your list of possible enhancements for future releases.

Regards,
    Mike

• Hi @MikeA01730,

We do plan to simplify the UI in the future to integrate both Credit Cards/Identities in the same list as the Logins, so you can quickly select the right item without having to switch categories, here's what the latest redesign look like on macOS:

There is no plan to integrate both items because you may want to insert a different shipping address on the same page.

We are trying a few things to simplify this further; 1Password X for an example, knows which field is which and can intelligently ask you in advance if you want to fill an Identity item when you click into an address field.

• MikeA01730
    MikeA01730
    Community Member
    Options

MikeT,

Looks good! I guess 1 extra click won't exhaust me. This looks like a big winner in lots of situations.

I'll look forward to seeing this on the Windows client.

Mike

• Yep, we can't wait to start working on this soon.

This discussion has been closed.