Cursor blinking after application start even if the window is not focused

Options

If I'm starting the application the cursor at the master password textbox is blinking like the window is focused. But it's not.
So im typing in my password into something else, than the textfield. If my last application is unsecure my master password could be captured that way.

The cursor should only be blinking if I'm really typing into the textfield.

1Password Version: 7.2.576
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 7 Pro SP1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:focus

Comments

• Hi @boiler,

Thanks for reporting this.

You are correct, it is supposed to not show any cursor when it is not focused. Unfortunately, this is a glitch with Microsoft's .NET/WPF framework that we haven't been able to reproduce or work around with yet. Every time we do a remote session with a customer that has the same issue, it doesn't show up, so we can't fix something when we can't reproduce it.

We've added a hint in the code to inform users when the window is not focused, which is supposed to gray out the window. When customers reported the blinking issue like yours, there was no mention of seeing the gray window. What that means is that Windows is actually telling us that the window is focused but it isn't. It's very hard to fix something when the system is telling us wrong data.

We are trying to work around this in many ways but technically, it is never supposed to be possible. In fact, we've seen reports of seeing cursor showing up twice, one in 1Password and one in the browser's text fields.

We are working on a plan to bypass the .NET/WPF completely but it is going to take a while.

This discussion has been closed.