Deceptive UI Behavior When I Forget I'm Editing an Item

Options

Hi,

I have a UI suggestion for the Windows PC client. Here's what happens now.

Sometimes in the application I click an item, it turns blue to indicate it's selected, and it's displayed in the right pane. I then click Edit with the intention of making a change, but then for whatever reason decide not to. When I later click on another item to view it (forgetting that I'm in edit mode) it turns blue apparently indicating it's selected. However it isn't selected, and the item displayed doesn't change. It appears that 1Password is frozen, but eventually I figure out what's wrong and cancel the edit.

This is my error, but 1Password isn't doing the best job of providing useful feedback. Specifically when I clicked on a new item 1Password made it blue indicating it's selected but in fact I'm still editing the old one. 1Password should warn me I'm making a mistake by keeping the blue cursor on the old item and flashing it or doing something else to indicate I'm making a mistake.

Mike

1Password Version: 7.2.567
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MikeA01730,

Thank you for reaching out! :+1:

You are completely right, we need to do a better job here. We have plans to improve interface refresh in 1Password for Windows, but at the moment we have a bigger fish to fry: we are focused on fixing the performance issue in the upcoming 7.3 update.

I also checked this behaviour in 1Password 7 for Mac. If you click Edit button there, but do not make any changes to the item, and then click a different item in the list, it selects this new item and updates the info in the right pane. We want 1Password behaviour to be consistent across platforms, so fixing this behaviour in 1Password for Windows is definitely on our list. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with, we are always ready to help you with 1Password.

Cheers,
    Greg

• MikeA01730
    MikeA01730
    Community Member
    Options

Greg,

Sounds like an excellent solution. Thanks.

Regards,
    Mike

• On behalf of Greg, you're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.