Cannot activate "Start 1Password automatically when I sign in to Windows"

Options
gladston3
gladston3
Community Member
edited October 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi,

I cannot put "Start 1Password automatically when I sign in to Windows" on. When I click on it nothing happens at it stays at off. This is especially a problem since Sophos AV goes nuts (CallerCheck exploit) if you start a browser with a 1Password plugin before you start the 1Password app itself. So it would be crucial to get autostart working.

What would be even better of course, if you could work something out with the guys from Sophos to fix this problem. It seems to exist for quite some time now and blaming each other won't fix the problem I fear (;

Thank you very much in advance
Cheers
-gladston3

1Password Version: 7.5.581
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 PRO 1803
Sync Type: 1Password Business

Comments

• Hi @gladston3,

Thanks for writing in.

You can't enable this option while Sophos is running, it is blocking it as well. Sophos is not blaming us, they're aware of this issue and are trying to resolve it, they even wrote their own guide here on how to address this for the moment: https://support.home.sophos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001007266--CallerCheck-exploit-prevented-in-1Password-for-Windows-desktop

• gladston3
    gladston3
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT,

I found the guide you posted myself. Unfortunately I am not using the home version of their product but their cloud managed business version. Do you know if there is a workaround for that one too? Because I was unable to find anything related to the business product by myself. Or is there anything else I can do? Not using the browser plugins is not an option of course.

Thanks in advance
    Cheers
    -gladston3

• Hi @gladston3,

They are supposed to be almost identical from the last time we investigated this. It is possible they've updated the business version with a different interface and if that is the case, you'll need to get in touch with Sophos to ask them for the updated information for their business edition.

This discussion has been closed.