offline items not syncing

Options

I'm having issues with offline items never syncing. I submitted a ticket last Wednesday and haven't heard anything back.

It started when I noticed that changes in my iOS app weren't being synced back to the Dropbox-synced Windows client. I made several changes and it never updated from Windows 10. I then unsynced a vault and attempted to re-sync it. When I re-opened the vault, everything was gone. Thankfully I verified that the vault was indeed still fine, but it was showing as completely empty within the Windows 10 client. My next step was to "import" the existing vault in to itself, and here is where I am seeing offline items "stuck".

I'm not getting a great feeling about this new version. This is again another sync error with Dropbox, when the dropbox sync client is working just fine for non-1Password syncing. I find myself periodically double checking the Windows client with the iOS client and vice-versa to ensure that everything is actually being synced... not a good feeling.

Support ID is #WHS-54969-992.

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• I apologize for the delay, @hayrun! We're thoroughly overwhelmed with support requests at the moment and are a bit slower than we'd like to be. I see Greg has replied to your e-mail and not only is this something much easier to track down with the diagnostics you sent (thank you!), it's best that we keep these conversations in one place to avoid any confusion, so I will leave you in Greg's capable hands, but thanks for reach out here and giving us an extra nudge. :chuffed:

ref: WHS-54969-992

• r1ma
    r1ma
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @bundtkate I thought since my question is similar, I would post it here. Thanks.
    On Windows 10 PC , connected via Ethernet , on 1P, I uploaded three documents. Only two of them I can see in the 1P web.
    The one with larger size, I can't find on the 1P web. But I already saved it on 1P Windows, so it should sync it, right?

The file format is .jpg
    I checked few times and Edit and again Save the item, but still didn't sync. I tested with both Edge, and also Firefox.
    Thank you.

• r1ma
    r1ma
    Community Member
    Options

I was reading https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/84495/make-1password-sync-offline-changes-manually and then also somehow I noticed on the left page of 1P on Windows, the new "Offline changes" under the Favorites.
    I Exit 1P and then reopen, and noticed now that Offline changes was gone. I checked 1P web and saw the item already synced.

So according to that old post mentioned, the "The only way to make it sync is to lock and unlock the app. " right?

• @r1ma: Exiting and restarting or making a local change will always trigger a sync, but indeed these are the only methods in place. I'm not sure whether it was mentioned in that post specifically, but my reply to folks asking for manual sync is and likely always will be no. Is it annoying? Yes, but we need to know about sync problems, perhaps more so than anything else. If there's a situation in which 1Password isn't syncing, we need to fix it as that can result in something important being inaccessible when you need it. if you can press a button to fix it, maybe you'll tell us, but perhaps you won't. If we don't encounter the same issue ourselves and no one else tells us about it, it may fester indefinitely until it causes a big problem for someone who didn't click that button and is without something they need as a result. We'll take, "You jerks, I can't force this item to sync" over "You jerks, I added this important item and now I'm on the other side of the world without out" any day.

In your case, I suspect these Documents were queued up and 1Password ran into a problem before they were all uploaded. This could have been a network hiccup, but I hate to assume that. If you upload the same items over again (you can certainly delete the dupes after), do you see the same problem where one or more appears to get stuck?

• r1ma
    r1ma
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. By dupes you mean duplicate, right? How do I know that I have duplicates?
    on 1P for Windows and also for the Web, I see same number for the "All Items" on the left page.
    So I guess I don't have any duplicates. I am right?

The sync problem happened to me once. Normally the item syncs as soon as its "saved" and I can see it syncing since it disappears from the "Offline changes" tab on the left pane.

You said "if you can press a button to fix it, maybe you'll tell us,"
    What button you mean?

• @r1ma: I do mean duplicates, sorry! There's no perfect way to tell if you've saved an extra of any item, but your All Items list is sorted alphabetically, so two items of the same type with the same title right next to each other in that list is a good indicator of a duplicate. I only mentioned that in this case, though, because I was asking you to upload duplicate items, so of course you'd end up with some extras in that case.

As for that button – it's a hypothetical button. We've been asked on several occasions for a "sync now" button or menu option. That particular feature is the one we've been pretty adamant about avoiding. We don't want the ability to manually fix sync to discourage folks from letting us know about sync problems. 👍

• r1ma
    r1ma
    Community Member
    Options

I agree. Thanks.

• On behalf of Kate, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.