1Password 7 "stopped working" when trying to log into account (Windows 7 Enterprise)

Options

After installing 1Password on Windows 7 Enterprise, I tried to sign in, but regardless of what I try, as soon as Scan my Setup Code (which works), type my master password and click "Sign In", I get a message that says 1Password has "stopped working".

Having looked at the forum, I updated my .NET framework, this has made no difference. What's the next step?

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 7 Enterprise
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 7 "stopped working" when trying to log into account (Windows 7 Enterprise)

Comments

• Hey, @Zoltai! Assuming you did need to update .NET, have you tried a reinstall since? 1Password relies on your .NET framework and I've found if folks install 1Password with outdated .NET and update it after, sometimes a reinstall is needed to get things working properly. That would be my first suggestion (along with a reboot) and if that doesn't help, send us a crash report to support+windows@1password.com:

https://support.1password.com/cs/windows-crash-report/

Let me know the support ID you get back from BitBot and I'll take a peek to see what's causing the continued fuss. :chuffed:

• Zoltai
    Zoltai
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @bundtkate ! The restart fixed this... there must have been some update left undone by the first restart after updating .NET, because it installed an update on shutdown, and on reboot, 1Password connected to my account without issues. Thanks for the help!

• It's no trouble at all, @Zoltai! I have a complicated relationship with suggesting a reboot as it does tend to lead to an eye roll or two, but I've been using Windows long enough to know that the old "turn it off and back on again" adage exists for a reason. :lol: I'm glad the magic bullet helped and if you have any additional questions, you know where to find me. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.