Forced converting opvault

Options

Installing 1password on a new Windows Laptop and got the prompt to convert to opvault, no other option.
All my other devices are synced with Dropbox and are using agilekeychain. So I'm not sure to mess up everything just by adding one more client. Why can I not keep syncing with agilekeychain? Is there a step by step instruction for my situation to get a stable syncing.

Thanks

Rene

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hey, @papago! 1Password 7 for Windows (and Mac) require OPVault because it's just plain better. We've offered OPVault as an option for a good long while (years in fact) and it's not only faster, but much more secure. You can learn more about OPVault here. For a while, we didn't force this change, in no small part because 1Password 4 for Windows doesn't handle OPVault as well as we'd like in some cases. Now that 1Password 7 is here and designed with OPVault in mind, we decided the time was right to bid Agile Keychain farewell.

Now, this will not break sync with your other devices. The reason we were okay taking this step is that every 1Password app folks currently use is fully capable of syncing OPVault. Go ahead and convert to OPVault in 1Password 7 for Windows. This will create a new OPVault with all of your data in the exact same location as your Agile Keychain and rename your Agile Keychain to prevent future confusion. Sync will be set up with your existing sync method automatically, so you won't need to do anything else on Windows.

On other devices, the easiest thing to do (in my opinion) is to reset your app on each device and open the OPVault by selecting Dropbox on the Welcome screen, then navigating to its location. Again, this should be the exact same spot your Agile Keychain was saved. Once you've got each of your other devices pointed to the OPVault, you should be all set. Try making a small change like adding a note to an item, if you want, and make sure that changes gets everywhere it needs to. If, for any reason, you're having trouble we're here to help. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.