Feature Request: Dropdown to select vault while creating new item

Options

Hey guys!

When creating a new entry on the Windows App, you can edit everything, even the icon!

Except for the vault. Even if you are in "All vaults" view.

Can we call this a UX bug?

Hope you can do this small improvement :)

LOVE YOU GUYS!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @aaronmx thanks for the suggestion, it would be quite convenient indeed. I'll see what we can do, stay tuned for updates :)

• aaronmx
    aaronmx
    Community Member
    Options

:) Great! Thanks @SergeyTheAgile

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Sergey you are very welcome! :+1:

Feel free to reach out to us anytime, we are always ready to help you with 1Password.

Have a great Sunday!

++
    Greg

• aaronmx
    aaronmx
    Community Member
    Options

Still not planing to implement this?

This is so very basic.. that you have this option when adding a new entry via Browser. It is a must for the desktop... I hate saving my new passwords on a wrong vault!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @aaronmx,

It's still on the list but we have a lot of things we have to fix first before we get to it.

• Eamonh
    Eamonh
    Community Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

Just came here to request this very same feature and found it already requested. Not surprised it is already requested but must say I'd expected more people to be asking for it as it's my #1 issue with 1Password.

I use 1Password for both personal and work but have my personal vault as the default because I had accidentally created several personal logins under the shared work vault before. Now I have the opposite problem as I now occasionally create a new work login that should be visible to the team but because I forgot to move it after creation no one else can access it. The work flow to create then find then move is infuriating, I'd class it more as a serious bug than a missing feature. It has pushed me to investigate other options more than once.

If this was the only feature implemented for a year I would be happy. Any chance this can get some attention?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Eamonh: Adding an option to select the vault while creating a Login manually is a part of a bigger undertaking in 1Password 7 for Windows, item editor. We are working to improve it, but it takes time (we have made several improvements in one of our previous updates). Moreover, we have a lot of higher priority issues at the moment and I hope for your understanding.

In the meantime, please try to use 1Password extension to save your Login items, it is possible to select the vault for saving there:

Let me know if it works for you. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.