Backup up Personal Vault to a NAS on Windows

Options

I have been reading the forum and I can't seem to find an answer.

I am currently using version 4 for Windows and am trying version 7 for Windows. I do have a 1Password account and have set up a personal (not local) vault.

Today, I do a daily backup of the 1 Password 4 windows folder containing my vault info by copying the contents of the folder over to a network drive.

On version 7, I am using a personal vault (not a local vault). What folder(s) should I be copying to the network drive so that I can restore the vault if I am unable to access my 1password online account?

Thank you.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @sladans1ma,

Thank you for getting in touch and using 1Password!

1Password 7 for Windows stores its local database here: %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password. However, copying the local database on a different computer (or restoring it after a wipe) might result in some unexpected issues. Moreover, if you use 1Password account and 1Password apps, your data will always be cached locally on your devices, so you can view and edit it without an Internet connection. Any changes you make will become available on your other devices when you next go online.

At the moment, there are no local backups with 1Password.com accounts, we handle the backups for you on our servers. We have plans to add them in the future, but I do not have any timeframes for you at this point.

Please let me know if it answers your question. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.