Having hard time with 1Password

Options

Hello,

I am a new user here. But my experience has been a disappointment so far. I am guessing (and really hoping) I am doing something wrong and that is not a normal behavior.

So here is the issue. I am using Chrome and have installed the extension. I have saved 2 password that of on same domain. One is using my.domain.com (its actually a billing panel) and one is using domain.com:2087 (its WHM control panel). Also let me tell you, both logins are different.

Now 1Password will not recognize and use auto fill. I will have to tell which password to use where. Why on earth its so difficult to see which password to use where ?? Even my default Chrome PW manager fills it fine for me. Now I have to do 2 extra clicks to get in. With 1Pass it shows me (Exact Match and Close Match) but does not fills the pwd in. (And it should not even be a close match in this case)

Is this a normal behavior ??
More to follow but right now I am stuck on this.

Thanks

Comments

• Hello, @UsmanSYS and welcome to the forum and the 1Password family! This isn't how things are expected to work. Although 1Password won't autofill int he same way your browser's password manager does (more on why that is here), it should select an exact match automatically when you direct it to fill using the Ctrl + \ shortcut. Is this how you're filling, or are you clicking the 1Password icon in your browser? The latter is an option, of course, but does require some extra steps and certainly wouldn't be my first choice either. If you're not using Ctrl + \, give that a go and let me know if that behaves more as you'd expect. And, of course, if you have other questions I'm happy to help. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.