Difference in results between 1Password and Enpass

Options

I tested 1Password 7 on Windows (just upgraded from 1Password 4 I used before with about 160 items).
Still without a license, so readonly.
I wanted to test the Watchtower.
I do not get any compromised login. Answer: All good!

I did not believe that because I knew I had minimum one compromised password I checked before.
I tested Enpass which also uses ihavebeenpwned.
The result there have been 9 compromised passwords

Why do I not get any result in 1Password?
I dont think the readonly state is the reason because all the other items under Watchtower seem to work correctly.

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Difference in results between 1Password and Enpass

Comments

• neonox
    neonox
    Community Member
    Options

Works for me, looks like it doesn't work in the free version.

• Hey, @FourDimensions! Compromised Logins actually aren't checked against HaveIBeenPwned. Those are Logins where we know there has been a breach of that particular site and you haven't changed your password since the time of that breach. The category you'll want to look at is Vulnerable Passwords – those are checked against the Pwned Passwords database. Make sure you've got the option to check them enabled as well – it's disabled by default. If you click Vulnerable Passwords in your sidebar, you'll see the option to enable that check if it's not enabled already. :+1:

• FourDimensions
    FourDimensions
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @bundtkate. Now I understand.
    Hmm, vulnerable passwords shows me 15, Enpass shows 9.
    Both use the same service...
    I will check the 15 found by 1Password and then never doubt 1Password :-)

• Glad that cleared things up, @FourDimensions! Although both are querying the same data, there could be issues with how recently each has checked. Since it sounds like you've just enabled this check in 1Password, I'd expect everything is up-to-date there, but if you force Enpass to rerun its check, it might catch up. I know we're all fairly careful not to be bogging down your network checking hundreds (or thousands in some cases) of passwords on a constant basis, so always good to force a fresh check when making these comparison. Not that I wouldn't be thrilled to see 1Password doing a better job, of course, but if we're gonna win a prize, might as well do it on actual merit, right? :wink:

Anyway, enjoy, update those passwords and if I can do anything else to help, ask away. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.