1password 7 not installing on windows 10

Options
_bruce
_bruce
Community Member
edited February 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I'm trying to upgrade from version 4 to version 7 in the hope that this will allow the chrome extension to work again. When I run the 1PasswordSetup-7.3.657.exe installer as an administrator, literally nothing happens. Not even a process is started as far as i can see. Do you have a solution to this?

Aside from the above issue, I'm pretty disappointed by the lack of response to the support emails. Clearly a lot of people will be experiencing the issue with the chrome extension subsequent to the recent chrome upgrade, but there's been no proper response as far as I can tell. If upgrading to version 7 is indeed the solution, i'm not going to be that happy that the solution involves spending cash because you're no longer willing to support software that customers paid for.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626 and 7.3.657
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90 and 4.7.3.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rhowe
    rhowe
    Community Member
    Options

I'm experiencing the same. Installed fine on Win10 1803, but not on 1809. Eventlog:
    .NET Runtime version 4.0.30319.0 - Loading profiler failed during CoCreateInstance. Profiler CLSID: '{de70e25c-02b5-4556-a837-8aa6fe502668}'. HRESULT: 0x8007007e. Process ID (decimal): 9184. Message ID: [0x2504].

• Hey, @_bruce! I went ahead and replied to you via e-mail since you mentioned you'd reached out that way and most of what will apply universally to folks having issues with Chrome 72 has already been covered elsewhere on the forum. Hopefully I've got you covered there, but feel free to reply with any questions. :+1:

@rhowe, I think your issues is something different, but what you're seeing in Event Viewer isn't familiar to me. I'm on 1809 myself and don't have any trouble with the installer, so I'm inclined to think the version of Windows isn't the relevant consideration. Could you check if you have an old 1Password folder in %LOCALAPPDATA% for me? Just open Start and type %LOCALAPPDATA% to search. One thing I know is an issue is if you've tried out 1Password 6 during a certain time period, those older folders are giving our installer trouble. The solution might be as simple as deleting that folder and giving it another go. Don't do that just yet though – just check for that folder and let me know what folders are in there if you find one. Thanks! :chuffed:

• rhowe
    rhowe
    Community Member
    Options

I fixed it by downloading an earlier version mentioned in another question and then updating. I believe that some of the original problem was that I had not completely cleaned up the prior install of v4. The upgrade process from 4 to 7 could be much smother to be honest. The v4 uninstall retained some settings in app data. This caused issues because my vault had already been converted on another machine. Anyway the problem is resolved for me.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rhowe: Thank you for keeping us posted! We are investigating this issue now and have a couple of ideas of why it happens.

I am glad to hear that you are all set now. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• enochstech
    enochstech
    Community Member
    Options

I’m running into the issue with running the iPassowrd7 .exe and nothing happening. What is the fix?

• Hey, @enochstech! Depending on your situation, the fix is a bit different. Doing nothing usually means some super old 1Password 6 data stuck around on your system, though. Could you check if you have an old 1Password folder in %LOCALAPPDATA% for me? Just open Start and type %LOCALAPPDATA% to search. If you've tried out 1Password 6 during a certain time period, those older folders are giving our installer trouble. The solution might be as simple as deleting that folder and giving it another go. Don't do that just yet though – just check for that folder and let me know what folders are in there if you find one. Thanks! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.