Problems with 1P7 on laptop please help

Options

I have had 1Password for years. Running my vault in Dropbox, synced to 1P on a couple iPhones, iPads, and one windows laptop. A month ago the laptop app (an older version, not sure which one) stopped syncing across devices. I could add new things to the laptop version but they would not show up in other devices, and vice versa, even though they are all synced to the same vault. I tried everything I could think of an eventually removed the PC app and downloaded it again for a fresh start.

Well now I’ve got 1P7 on my laptop and am totally frustrated. I selected Sync using Dropbox, linked it to my vault, agreed to convert to OPVault format, and it says it cannot upgrade this vault and to contact support.

It did create an OPVault. When I try to use that vault it says my password is incorrect.

I have emailed for support many times in the last 3 weeks with zero response from 1P other than the automated reply. Please walk me through this I am so frustrated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gusbus,

I am really sorry for the troubles with 1Password and the delay in getting back to you! 1Password is an important tool, so I totally understand where you are coming from.

In order to figure out what went wrong with 1Password 7 on your PC, we will need to understand your current setup. I found your email on our side and sent a reply to you asking for Diagnostics Reports. Please check your inbox and let's continue our conversation via email.

Our replies will be faster from now on and I will be looking forward to hearing back from you!

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: JAV-61487-958

This discussion has been closed.