1Password 4 in the future

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited March 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I'm sad (but I somewhat expected) to see 1Password 4 eventually being wound down, with the change from Chrome v72. Some features in 1Password 7 are still being decided on by Agilebits, like WLAN Sync? I have put in my vote for its inclusion. All things considered, most of the 1Password 4 for Windows features are already in 1Password 7.

Whole number PIN generation isn't in 1Password 7 , which is what I miss from 1Password 4. 1Password 4 is still installed in my PC for the times when I need it, which is rarely now.

Comments

• PIN generation is likely to come in a future update. As you might be aware, 1Password X integration with 1Password 7 for Mac is already in beta. We plan to do the same for Windows down the road, which manes the features of 1Password X will be available in 1Password 7, including the option to generate a PIN. Now, this won't mean 1Password X will work with standalone vaults, but this will likely be the first step along the road towards an option to generate PINs in 1Password 7 moving forward. :chuffed:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

Thanks @bundtkate! I did not get a response from BitBot. I might have made a mistake putting the discussion here when it should be in 1Password 4 for Windows forum? I started a discussion there, also.

My old Mac is incapable of running 1Password 7 for Mac so I only have 1Password 6.8 for Mac. I can only use El Capitan.

• Don't worry too much about where you put things, @wkleem. Of course, we appreciate you trying to put things in the right place, but if we feel something is misplaced we'll move it and better that than having the same discussion multiple places. Unless you stop me, I'll remove the one in 1Password 4 topic so we can continue the discussion here.

If you're stuck on El Cap, the you won't be able to check out that desktop app integration, unfortunately, but hopefully you'll get a peek when it's ready on Windows. Or perhaps you'll get lucky and there will be a shiny new Mac in your future. :chuffed:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

Please remove the old discussion from the 1Password 4 for Windows Forum.

Apple could be reintroducing a new 17” (16”+ equivalent) laptop in the near future. My Mac is a 10 years old Mac 17” laptop. I might not be able to able to afford the new one. Apple have raised the pricing, up to 100%, in the last 5 to 6 years!

One feature unlikely to come back is WLAN Sync? I voted to keep the feature but who knows?

• I can't really comment on that likelihood, @wkleem. It's not something we're working on at this moment, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it won't happen. Prioritization is one of those things that's consistently in flux as we continue to collect feedback, so when it comes to what's coming next that's something that's always subject to change. Right now, we don't have any specific plans to introduce WLAN sync to 1Password 7, but nothing is ever written in stone.

Also, I feel you on that Mac. I bought my one and only new Mac back in 2010 and that one is creeping up on 10 years old. It's able to install High Sierra, but isn't thrilled about anything more than El Cap. Thankfully, I was able to snag a used (but new to me) 2015 a while back so I can stay up to speed, but I can't imagine paying for one of the truly new ones. I've been swapping out parts in my PC one at a time for so long that paying anything more than $500 at a time to upgrade just feels weird. That said, I think having a Touch ID Mac might get me one day. We'll see how long I can hold out. :lol:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

There is still no support for shortcuts of logins. Watchtower would flag multiple times.a password reuse issue. I used the same login elsewhere multiple times. There is no as far as I have noticed Lenient URL matching on 1Password 7?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @wkleem,

If you are using the same Login details for several websites, please add several URLs to your Login item instead of creating different Login items. Please see this reply of mine in a similar thread.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.