Windows Cursor Constantly Cycling Between Pointer and Loading Wheel

Options

Hello,

I ran 1Password v4 for Windows until a few weeks ago. I upgraded to latest version because of the issues with Chrome. Ever since installing the new version (7.3.657) my cursor goes into periods where it endlessly cycles between the pointer and the spinning wheel (which usually indicates something is loading) in Windows Explorer and some applications. It doesn't happen all the time, but once it starts I have to kill all the 1Password processes to get it to stop.

I am sure this is related to 1Password, as I never had the issue before I installed it, and and killing the tasks immediately stops the behavior (which then returns when the process auto-reloads).

I searched the forums but can't find anyone else with this issue. Have you seen this behavior before? if so, do you know of any way to stop it?

Thanks,
Sean

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @spowell,

Thanks for reporting this. I don't recall anyone report that specific issue but it sounds like something's crashing in the background and it is in a loop.

Did you uninstall 1Password 4 after installing 1Password 7?

Can you email us your 1Password diagnostics report and we can try to see what could be causing it. Please use this guide to generate the diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• spowell
    spowell
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike.

I did uninstall version 4 before installing. I'm not sure why I didn't think of it, but I didn't try uninstalling and re-installing. I've done that now and noticed that the app was exceptioning a lot and restarting (after the reinstall I was getting generic prompts that it was having problems - before re-installing i wasn't). It seems to have stabilized after a reboot (at least i'm not getting the messages any more), and the spinning cursor seems to have gone away.

I'll see if the behavior returns over the next few days, and if it does i'll send in the logs. No need for you to spend time on it at this point.

Thanks for your help,
    Sean

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2019
    Options

Sounds good. We're here if you need us! :)

ref: QCF-73881-843

This discussion has been closed.