1P7 login issue on a mac

Options
amcd
amcd
Community Member

1Password 7 Version 7.3.1 (70301008) is installed on my 3 Macs.

On 2 macs I can login normally after a recent master password change. My 3rd Mac is stuck on the old password. I tried changing on that 3rd Mac to the new password but that did not work.

Please advise soonest thanks....

amcd

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.1 (70301008)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: 1Password Account
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 7 Version 7.3.1 (70301008) changed password not recognised on one of my Macs

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @amcd

Could you please check each of the Macs to see if they have a vault called "Primary"? You can see if this is the case using the vault switcher in the upper left corner of the app.

Ben

• amcd
    amcd
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben...

Thanks for you suggestion.... I confirm..

All 3 Macs have the primary vault... and my 2 other vaults are visible on all 3 Macs and can be selected but I use the primary vault generally

I can login correctly on Macs 1 and 2 and also to my.1password.com

Mac 3 insists on an old password.

I tried to edit some 1Password items on Mac 1 and Mac 2.... All updates sync properly to Mac 3.

many thanks... @amcd

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@amcd: thank you for the confirmation! I have one more question for you: when you changed the Master Password, did you do it from your account settings in a browser, or directly in the 1Password app (under Preferences > Security)?

• amcd
    amcd
    Community Member
    Options

I did it in the 1P7 app on my main Mac No. 1

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@amcd:

Can you please send us two diagnostics reports, one from Mac 1 and one from Mac 3 (the one that is still using the old Master Password), so we can see what the differences are? You can send both reports to support+forum@agilebits.com.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• amcd
    amcd
    Community Member
    Options

Email sent to support+forum@agilebits.com contains Diagnostic Reports for Mac 1 (normal login) and Mac 3 (stuck on old password)

Support ID Below:

[#XCB-31938-254]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks! We'll take a look and continue the conversation via email. :)

ref: XCB-31938-254

This discussion has been closed.