my.1Password login issue

Options

Part One: When I try to sign in to my.1password.com the Chrome extension no longer automatically populates my credentials so I have to enter all the information manually, including the secret key. I opened the account on 8/30/19 and up until yesterday it was working. Part Two: I guess since I have the 1Password app on my iPhone it's syncing through iCloud? I'm don't really understand the sync process.

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: iCloud?

Comments

• The Chrome extension actually doesn't automatically populate your data on 1Password.com at all, @jswiz. With your Starter Kit item, it can fill that data, but I suspect what you're used to seeing is everything but your Master Password pre-filled for you so you only need to fill the Master Password and not everything else. This is possible because those details are stored locally in your browser. There are a few things that can remove them, like clearing your browser's cache or setting it to clear cookies when you restart it, but 1Password itself doesn't have any impact there. It's all up to your browser's settings. The key is to make sure you're accepting cookies from 1password.com, that you don't have Chrome set to clear those cookies when you close it, and that it's not set to clear your cache.

As for sync, since you are able to sign in to 1password.com, that means you have a 1Password membership. With a 1Password membership, sync is managed for you – we take care of it and you don't have to worry about it. So, unless you're having some specific trouble with syncing, no need to worry (but, of course, if you have having trouble we're happy to help). :chuffed:

• jswiz
    jswiz
    Community Member
    Options

Excellent explanation. I had just cleared my cache and cookies so it all makes sense. On syncing, that was what I initially assumed but something I had read (I forget where) made me question it. Thank you.

• It's no trouble at all, @jswiz! Like many thing in 1Password, there are technically options (ex. that Starter Kit Login item) so it can be a bit confusing. It's a good thing in the end to my mind – there's rarely any one thing that works for everyone and there are totally valid reasons to regularly clear cache and the like – but still comes with some risk of getting tripped up. Regardless, I'm glad I cleared things up and, hopefully, now you've signed in once more you're back to the easier path of just needing that Master Password. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.