Create a List Of Passwords

Options

is there a way to generate a list of random complex passwords. I need to create like 35 passwords i was wonder do i need to do that one by one or can i generate a list of them at once.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Our password generator does one at a time, @lblalock_1Pass, but I can definitely see how generating in bulk would be handy for you in this case. If you don't mind my asking, could you share what's lead you to need a block of 35 generated passwords at once? I'd love to share your use-case with our team so we can consider options to make this easier on you next time around. :chuffed:

• lblalock_1Pass
    lblalock_1Pass
    Community Member
    Options

Well there were 2 use cases. I use 1password for work because we have way to many passwords. My passwords expire around the same date and i would like to just generate a list of passwords so i can just copy and paste in. That is the big thing. We have a way that we can paste passwords in a secure file and that will update all our passwords. Other thing i do is create passwords for files and such for friends to access things online and i tend to do that alot i like to do one and done. So i wanted to create a list of passwors so i can just quickly go in there cut and paste and send it to a friend. I hope that makes sense. I know my wife is an administrator also so she has alot of computers here at home. She wanted to create a list of passwords for her labs but she will have to do that one at a time instead of doing a bulk creation of them. I hope that makes sense

• Totally makes sense, thanks for sharing, @lblalock_1Pass! Out of curiosity, is there a reason you find copy/paste from a list more useful in the case of updating those work passwords than editing your existing Login items and regenerating the password there? Had you asked about this independently of mentioning bulk generation out of the gate, that would have been my suggestion. I get that you can put all of these in a file at the end of the day and that makes the update on the service you're using easier, but you're going to need those items in 1Password, too, so instinctively I feel like one way you're having to individually paste into that document and the other you're individually pasting them back to 1Password since the update process saving you from changing those passwords individually means there's no opportunity for autosave to lend a hand. Am I missing something more you expect from this (like saving these passwords to the right items in 1Password along the way), or is there something else that makes this a better path forward for you?

This discussion has been closed.