X extension v. Windows 10 app - confused

Options

Windows 10, Chrome. I downloaded the Windows 10 1password app, and also the Chrome extension.

I got a prompt to download the X extension, which I did.

Now I'm confused - should I delete the app? There seems to be a lot more detail in the app.

Comments

• That's totally up to you, @kburgeson. The extension is needed so you can save and fill, but it doesn't care one way or another about the desktop app – you can keep it or not and 1Password X will be happy. Personally, I use both. I spend the vast majority of my time using only 1Password X, but even if I didn't need to help customers with the desktop app there are still a few things, like managing Document items and adding tags to my items, that I find I prefer to do in the desktop app. For me, it's there when I need it and stays out of the way when I don't so might as well keep it around. My best suggestion would be to keep both for now, if you're just getting started. See how much you use each and if you find the desktop app isn't doing much more than taking up hard drive space, you can ditch it later – no harm, no foul. :+1:

• kburgeson
    kburgeson
    Community Member
    Options

That makes sense, thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of bundtkate, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.