No open and fill option

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: No autofill in Chrome.

Comments

• bGsox
    bGsox
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also having strange behavior trying to do open and fill.

Mac OS 10.14.6
    Chrome Version 78.0.3904.70 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I have the 1 password symbol in 4 guises:
    1) the desktop application 1password 7
    2) an icon in my main menu bar
    3) a grey icon inside chrome search bar
    4) a blue icon inside chrome search bar

Once I've input my master password into any, all seem open for a period of time.

1password 7 doesn't offer me an "open and fill" although I can see the URL
    The blue icon in chrome brings up an identity first it seems to have created, and when I focus it on the login i actually want it only offers me a "GO" option next to the Url, which then doesn't seem to do anything but close the interface.
    The grey icon, once I get to the right login, when I choose "open and fill" seems to launch the interface from my main menu bar... weird.

Anyway none of it is doing the job as easily as I would expect it to.
    Perhaps i have clashing preferences, browser plugin installations??

any help appreciated,
    B

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bGsox! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please let us know the exact version of the 1Password app this is happening with, and the version of the 1Password browser extension?

• bGsox
    bGsox
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana,
    I have these:
    1Password 7 v 7.3.2
    Chrome 1Password extension v 4.7.5.90
    Chrome 1 Password X v 1.16.2

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bGsox:

Thank you for the additional information! I have a question for you: would you like to use the companion 1Password extension, or 1Password X? I see that you have both installed, so it will be easier to troubleshoot if we knew which extension we are looking at :)

• bGsox
    bGsox
    Community Member
    Options

I have to admit this is where my confusion begins.

I have gotten into weird use loops when I open 1Password 7 to access my logins and generate a new password, then have the chrome extensions try to also simultaneously save the new password it's seeing.

1 Password extension says it extends the 1Password desktop app.
    1 Password X says it's the best way to experience the 1Password workflow in a browser.
    Hmm. :)

My guess is that because my main comfort zone is the 1Password 7 desktop application, that I should stick with only using the extension, as they are companions. Then maybe I should un-install 1Password X, to eliminate any conflicts.

Sound like a plan?

• Ben
    Options

Sounds like a plan. :)

Ben

• bGsox
    bGsox
    Community Member
    Options

Hello sharing next steps.

So I removed the 1 password "X" chrome extension, to see if it would improve things.
    At first no luck. companion 1 password extension on its own wasn't doing anything but taking me to the 1 password website. More..... huh?

then - maybe - reboot Chrome? Which does make the chrome extension functional.

Next - in Chrome extension, try the "open and fill" operation again. This doesn't open a new tab or anything, but it opens the mac OS menu bar version of 1 password - Strange.

Try open-and-fill from the 1Password 7 desktop application. This opens the webpage in chrome, but does not fill.

Seems to be the same on all my logins. I get taken to the login page I saved there, but no filling happening.

That's where I got to today.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @bGsox. Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in your menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely) before launching it again, and see if that helps?

This discussion has been closed.