Accessing vault in Dropbox

Options

Comments

• micshasan2
    micshasan2
    Community Member
    Options

But on PC, when I access my dropbox directory and find the shared 1password vault, it appears as a string of characters .. it seems that the PC does not recognize the file(s) as a vault that I can click through on.

• You can't open a Dropbox vault by double-clicking it on Windows, @micshasan2. My apologies, you were looking at a Mac thread where that is possible, so understandably lead to some confusion. Could you let me know what you're trying to do, though? Depending on whether you're trying to import your first vault into 1Password 7 or open an additional vault and convert it, the process will be a bit different so I want to make sure I'm pointing you in the right direction. :+1:

• micshasan2
    micshasan2
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, ok thank you for the clarification.

This is what we’re trying to do:

• I’m 1p family plan member and have multiple vaults. Running 1p 7.
    • I’ve created a new vault that I intend to share with my executive assistant.
    • I’m on a Mac, with iOS devices
    • I’ve created the new vault on my Mac and moved it to Dropbox.
    • I’ve shared the file in Dropbox with my EA
    • My EA, who is working on a PC, with a recently downloaded version of 1p, has Dropbox installed and can see the vault file on her computer, but as a profile.js file/set of files.
    • The EA would like to add this vault as an additional (non-primary) vault in her local PC version of 1p.

But we’re stuck ...

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@micshasan2: Could you please specify the version of 1Password that your EA is using? Is it 1Password 4 or 1Password 7?

It sounds like they open the vault folder while trying to select it in the app. Please ask them to select the whole vault folder and then click Select, 1Password should open it.

Moreover, if you have a family account, you can also consider inviting them as a guest:

Share with guests in 1Password Families

I believe it suits your needs perfectly, so please let me know what you think. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.