Fail to log on to 1Password 7

Options
tazkeung
tazkeung
Community Member

Hello there, I had my account recovered recently as i forgot my main password. And I own a PC and a MAC, but there is some problems for me to log in on the Mac.I have erased all data and start over but it keeps loading after i filled my information on the software. It looks like there is something wrong with the software?

1Password Version: 7.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.3
Sync Type: Membership

Comments

• tazkeung
    tazkeung
    Community Member
    Options

Well, I can log in after I turn off my 2FA authentication. Is that really I have to do when I need to log in on my MacBook?

• @tazkeung

Are you using the Mac App Store version? Are you also using 2FA on your account?

If so, there is an issue that the team is actively working to resolve regarding such situations. We can temporarily move you to our web store version, which is not affected by this issue. We can also help you move back to the Mac App Store version if that's your choice.

Please let me know.

• tazkeung
    tazkeung
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

please move me to the web store version. However, I am using 1Password as a 1P membership. I think i can download the app from web directly?

• tazkeung
    tazkeung
    Community Member
    Options

yes, I am using the Mac App Store version by the way.

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2020
    Options

@tazkenug

Either version will work with a membership. :) To move to the web store version please follow these instructions.

• Make sure you have a copy of your Emergency Kit. It's always a good thing to make sure you have it.
    1. Quit Safari, and any other open browsers
    2. Open and then quit 1Password completely using — ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
      • You do not need to unlock 1Password, you can quit the app from its lock screen.
    3. Drag 1Password to the Trash, but DO NOT use a "cleaner" app to remove 1Password if you have one (MacKeeper, CleanMyMac, AppZapper, etc)
    4. Empty the Trash
    5. Restart your Mac
    6. Install 1Password from our website: Download for Mac
    7. Open 1Password, complete any steps needed to complete setup.
  • tazkeung
    tazkeung
    Community Member
    Options

Ok. Problem solved. Thank you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of ag_tommy, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.