1Password Login buttons too small for touch screen and visually impaired?

Options

Hello,

First of all, I had a cursory look for my question and couldn't find any other discussions. Please forgive me if this is a repost.

I use 1Password every day and it is vital to both my work and personal life. I enjoy using 1Password very much and I would happily pay double. I don't have any major problems with 1Password, however, having said that, there is one small thing that has been bugging me recently.

I use Windows Hello to log into 1Password. To do this I have to click a (very) small button under the Master Password field. I am not visually impaired but my eyesight is not the best by any standard and it doesn't help that I use a touch screen. I find it challenging at times to click this button, especially if I am trying to do so quickly. See below.

My question is do you, as the 1Password community, think it's a good idea to make the login button(s) bigger for those who are visually impaired, or like me, use a touch screen or high-resolution display?

Thanks for your input,
Ross

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 1.18.0
OS Version: Windows 10 1903
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• plttn
    plttn
    Community Member
    Options

This isn't something that's immediately obvious, but if you hit enter with the master password field blank, Hello will prompt.

Additionally, 7.4 beta for Windows has a setting to automatically prompt for Hello if available.

• rbstrachan
    rbstrachan
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, that's great, thanks! I had no idea I could do that :chuffed:

Thanks for letting me know.

• I don't think I have much to add that @plttn didn't already cover, @rbstrachan (thanks, plttn!). The enter trick is noted if you mouse over the Hello icon, but that would be a bit tricky on a touch screen. As was mentioned, though, this will all be a thing of the past anyway next version – we'll be bringing up Hello for you automatically unless you tell us not to. :chuffed:

• rbstrachan
    rbstrachan
    Community Member
    Options

@plttn @bundtkate Thank you so much for your help. I learned something new :)

• I often learn something new from our customers too, @rbstrachan. It's one thing I love about working here – being surrounded by such passionate folks with all kinds of nifty tricks up their sleeves. :chuffed:

• rbstrachan
    rbstrachan
    Community Member
    Options

You know if I had any technical abilities whatsoever, I would like to work at 1Password too. Thanks again for your help, @bundtkate.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rbstrachan:

Never say never :) As you can see from our open positions, we need all sorts of people working on 1Password. You are welcome to apply to any of them if you are interested!

This discussion has been closed.