7.4.3 Update Breaks Safari Extension

Options
Michael Shingledecker
Michael Shingledecker
Community Member

I've seen other posts regarding the failure of the extension on Firefox and Chrome as well.

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Michael Shingledecker
    Options

Thank you, I restarted my Mac and it fixed the issue.

• @Michael Shingledecker

Your welcome, and thank you for letting us know things are back to normal. :)

• Jace
    Jace
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same issue. I have closed browser and restarted multiple times.
    Sometimes the extension works, sometimes it doesn't.
    This started yesterday when I installed 7.4.3

• Jace
    Jace
    Community Member
    edited April 2020
    Options

I did install an app (about the same time I did the 1Password update) called Paste. It's a clipboard manager. Could that be causing a problem with 1Password extension?
    I disabled Paste and restarted. Right now the 1Password extension is working. I will let you know if it continues to work.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2020
    Options

@Jace

It would seem odd if that were the cause. i'd recommend re-enabling Paste and seeing if the problem resurfaces. If it does, then I suppose that is evidence that there is indeed a conflict, but I suspect that may be a red herring.

@macfanpl

Please try the instructions here: https://support.1password.com/cs/extension-already-installed/#what-you-should-do
    If that doesn't work I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/553872/#Comment_553872
    • Your forum username: macfanpl

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• Jace
    Jace
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben
    Just a followup.
    I still have had no issues with the extension since I removed Paste.
    I will reinstall Paste to test if it's conflicting with 1Password and let you know the results.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks. :)

Ben

• Jace
    Jace
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben

I reinstalled Paste like you requested.
    No issues now, 1Password extension is working fine.
    I don't know what happened.

Thanks for your help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Ben, you are welcome @Jace! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.