Accessibility for impaired sight

Options

Hello,

I am enjoying my 1Password subscription and I convinced a friend with impaired sight to try it out. He hated it. I couldn't understand why until I start looking in both the 1Password X but to the 1Password 7. There are no really any accessibility options. For example, my friend can only see negative colors. His whole computer is like so but when he clicks on either extension or application, it comes as normal colors. Because of that, he gave up.

Are you planning to release a more accessibility friendly version or perhaps accessibility options? Can't be that he is the only one asking that question.

Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @vasileios,

Thank you for sharing your feedback!

I am afraid that I understand what you are talking about. The thing is that there is a known issue with the high contrast themes and the Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) library we use, WPF doesn't adapt to these themes well.

We are not sure how to address this yet as we don't control the rendering/presentation, Windows does it for us, but I will make sure to pass your feedback to our team. We are looking at ways to improve this experience in the future, but for now high contrast themes aren't well-supported.

If you have other questions, feel free to raise them here. Thank you!

Stay safe,
    Greg

ref: dev/windows/opw#1666

This discussion has been closed.