Browser extension not asking for master password

Options

Hi, new to 1Password so apologies if I'm missing something here. When I access 1Password via my android app, it requests the master password. However, when I access via my laptop's 1Password browser extension, it doesn't ask me to enter the master password, it just takes me straight into my account. How do I change that please to secure the access through the browser extension. Thanks.

1Password Version: 783
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 64bit Windows 10 Home
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:auto login browser extension

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lgiles,

Thank you for reaching out!

It sounds like you installed 1Password companion extension in the browser on your PC. 1Password companion extension is connected to 1Password 7 for Windows (a standalone app) and it also unlocks if you unlock 1Password 7 for Windows (and vice versa).

If you want 1Password to stay locked, you can decrease auto-lock timer in Settings > Security. Moreover, you can lock 1Password 7 manually by clicking Lock icon in the upper right corner of the app or pressing Windows logo key + Shift + L on your keyboard.

Please note that 1Password for Windows will not ask you for your Master Password every time you want to fill your credentials in the browser. Mobile operation systems, be it Android or iOS, are different, and 1Password behaves differently there.

Let me know if it answers your question. Thank you! :+1:

Stay safe,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.