Can I unable to login every time again when I close my browser?

Options

Hello. I've installed the app for both Chrome and Firefox browser, but when I close the browser and open a new window of the browser, I need to login every time again to 1Password. Can this be turned of so that you stayed login even if the browser is completely closed. Logout should be just when you switch of computer...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jean_Lhoest! Welcome to the forum!

It sounds like you installed the 1Password X browser extension. Please download the companion browser extension instead, if you want it to follow the lock state of your 1Password for Windows app.

• Jean_Lhoest
    Jean_Lhoest
    Community Member
    Options

Ok I see the difference, thx. This companion browser extension will not expire. Downside is you have to manually copy username and password everytime you visit a login page...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jean_Lhoest:

Downside is you have to manually copy username and password everytime you visit a login page...

The companion browser extension can fill your credentials for you too, like 1Password X. Just use the Ctrl+\ keyboard shortcut when you are on the page you want to login to ;)

• Jean_Lhoest
    Jean_Lhoest
    Community Member
    Options

Mmmm seems not to work. Opening settings of the Firefox companion shows that default shortcut is Ctrl + µ, also this does not work. Nice however that you can define the shortcuts yourselfs, but if they don't work... :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jean_Lhoest:

Nice however that you can define the shortcuts yourselfs, but if they don't work...

The specific keyboard shortcut might be in use by another app on your computer, so that could be why it's not working for you. Can you try changing it to something else that you know is not in use in your system?

You can also click on the 1Password browser extension icon and fill items that way. The point is that you don't need to copy and paste every item if you have the browser extension installed :)

• Jean_Lhoest
    Jean_Lhoest
    Community Member
    Options

Changed the shortcut, seems to work now. Thx.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jean_Lhoest, you are very welcome!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.