Will there be a debit card category soon?

Options
johnnygoodface
johnnygoodface
Community Member

After 4 years you would have thought that adding a "debit card" type in the credit card category would have been a simple thing, but nop.

I really don't know where to put my debit card in all the options you provide...

Do you have any suggestion where to put it? Thx guys

ref: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/46798/will-there-be-a-debit-card-category-soon

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited December 2020
    Options

@johnnygoodface

I put my debit only cards under Credit Cards. If they are Visa or Mastercard cards, I will select the appropriate option. If it's a true debit only card, I would fill in my details, being sure not to touch the card type field. It will say visa during the edit (creation) , but upon saving the entry, the icon will display a generic card icon. I used this as a small way to visually differentiate my debit card from the Visa or Mastercard version.

edit: clarification

• johnnygoodface
    johnnygoodface
    Community Member
    Options

I love that solution!!! :) I've tested it and it works great. Thx @ag_tommy

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of ag_tommy, you are welcome @johnnygoodface!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• NevetsR
    NevetsR
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. Works great as long as you don't pull down the list for the "type" field (or could be I pulled it down, selected something else and then put it back before saving it). I was left with a Visa icon display. So I started with a new entry and didn't touch the field and it worked as mentioned, i.e. a generic credit card icon. Thank you for this simple work around. It is interesting to me that the generic icon is what I have for all my cards, maybe because they were all created on a prior version of 1Password.

However, what I am driving to is a simple solution from 1Password, a "type" entry on that list of ATM. This could cause an ATM card icon to display for that entry. Seems simple to implement and very effective.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the suggestion @NevetsR :+1:

• MONKi1P
    MONKi1P
    Community Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

Ugh, here and there I forget about this and I tap into the field and then I have to copy everything out into a new field again :/ Extra difficult to do on an iPad where I cannot open two 1Password windows.

I hope an update is planned to fix this little annoyance.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MONKi1P:

I am not sure I follow: which field are you tapping into? And what is the annoyance exactly?

• MONKi1P
    MONKi1P
    Community Member
    Options

The card type field that only has a few preset option and by default VISA gets selected and I can not undo that.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah I understand now, thank you for the clarification :+1:

This discussion has been closed.