Windows Application Not Syncing with Online

Options

I just joined 1Password and imported my database from Dashlane. I downloaded and installed the Windows version and used the PDF file to "Login" and it has not synced yet. I have restarted the app several times and it has not synced. I was able to get the IOS app to sync on my mobile phone.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @drose807

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. We'd be happy to help you get to the bottom of that. If you lock and unlock the 1Password for Windows app do the changes you've made appear everywhere?

Please let me know.

Ben

• drose807
    drose807
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben, I had to reinstall the application and it finally synced. It took a very long time and I am not sure why.

• Initial syncs will often take a while, @drose807, because it's about the only time you're syncing hundreds (if not thousands) of items all at once. Under ordinary circumstances, though, sync should be near instant. If you make a change in 1Password on another device now (say your iPhone), does that change sync to Windows quickly?

• drose807
    drose807
    Community Member
    Options

I am still in the process of transferring my data from Dashlane. I will keep you posted. Dashlane has an actual sync indicator so I am just use to seeing it update or know it’s at least trying. I will keep you posted as I still have 2 other devices to attach. I just have to get this stuff off as I only have one more day with Dashlane.

• Are you transferring your data manually, @drose807? Definitely do keep us updated, but also you can import from Dashlane directly, which may be a fair bit quicker:

https://support.1password.com/import-dashlane/

• drose807
    drose807
    Community Member
    Options

I already did the import. However I utilize secure notes and those did not.

• Blake
    Options

Addresses, Secure Notes, and other items aren't included in the import from DashLane. This is likely due to how DashLane stores those items within the app itself, it's just not possible for those to be imported properly.

This discussion has been closed.