I can't login to 1password app on windows computer.

Options

I can see my account fine in my browser. But the desktop app won't let me in. How can I check to see if it is referring to the correct account?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I can't login to 1password app on windows computer.

Comments

• Hi @rdrane: Thanks for reaching out. Can you please provide with some more details about which desktop app you are trying to access? Presumably, 1Password for Windows? Have you already signed into your in the desktop app previously?

If you have not yet signed into 1Password for Windows with your account, you can sign into 1Password.com, select your name from the top right corner > Get the Apps and under step 2 click the Add your account directly button. This will load the desktop app to help sign into your account with your credentials from 1Password.com.

I hope this helps, but we'll be here to help if you need further assistance.

• rdrane
    rdrane
    Community Member
    Options

Yes the app for Windows. I was able to log in using my old password...so I think I have things confused. Additional history necessary I think. I was trying 1password a couple weeks ago. Switched to keeper because my wife was using it and thought it would be good to do a family thing. That was a fail and keeper frustrated me. So I am back. In the process I think I ended up with 2 accounts? Not sure how to tell the desktop app which account to use. I was originally on a family account...but now just want the single account.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rdrane:

It does sound like you might have created two accounts. Do you by chance have 2 Emergency Kit documents?

This discussion has been closed.