New Computer, 1Password6 Standalone doesn't work.

Options

Old PC died (boo) new PC is here (yeay). I have a 1Password 6 license and a copy of the \AppDatapLocal\1Password folder. Vault is on Dropbox.
If I install 1PasswordSetup-6.8.534.exe with the old folder in place, I can see my passwords and all seems well. BUT Chrome won't work with it no matter what I do.
I have a freshly installed Chrome, and 1Password, on my windows 10 machine, but even after rebooting as instructed, the Chrome Browser extension does not work.

Under settings ->Browsers, I see Chrome under "Refused Connection Attempts".

1Password Version: 6.8.534
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox Local

Comments

• jaime_h_morales
    jaime_h_morales
    Community Member
    Options

Update: The extension does work with Firefox, not Chrome. The Chrome issue seems to be related to the cert not being valid until tomorrow. So I'll wait and see for that.

In the meantime, 1 password keeps saying it can update, but it crashes when I try to. No sure why that is...Will try again tomorrow.

• jaime_h_morales
    jaime_h_morales
    Community Member
    Options

Ugh, final update.... found my 1password 7 license file on my old machine's SSD.. now everything works perfectly. sigh

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the updates @jaime_h_morales! And welcome to the forum :)

I am glad to hear that you managed to configure 1Password 7 already, but if you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.