I have reconverted! :)

Options
donblanco
donblanco
Community Member

At some point I actually used 1Password before, but it's been so long I'm sure none of those accounts, usernames or passwords are the same. So I started over. My most recent test was using Enpass, but they don't seem to be in any hurry to support arm64, so my Pi is stranded and if (when) I get an Apple Silicon Mac -- well, so I'm back.

Of course I needed to export/import and that led me to @Ben 's MacOSConvertHelper app and on my first few attempts most everything came over as secure notes instead of logins. Eventually I did a search/replace with BBEdit and changed a lot of "label": "password", to "label": "Password", and eventually it worked!

No question really, just thought I'd say thanks :)

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @donblanco ,

From my comments in the enpass converter (near the top of the Converters/Enpass.pm file):

my %card_field_specs = (
    # The entry below can be uncommented and customized to deal with login entries that were
    # imported into Enpass.  Enpass does not try to categorize a user's imported records; instead
    # it places such entries, with their original fields, into the "import.imported" category.
    # Because the field names vary widly, depending upon the original password manager, these
    # cannot be automatically matched.
    #   implogin =>                 { textname => 'import.imported', type_out => 'login', fields => [
    #       [ 'username',           3, qr/^UserName$/, ],
    #       [ 'password',           3, qr/^Password$/, ],
    #       [ 'url',                3, qr/^URL$/, ],
    #   ]},

and from the README.html notes:

So, if you need to reconvert for any reason, modifying the converter is the better approach.

• donblanco
    donblanco
    Community Member
    Options

@MrC I think I compounded the problem by first importing from Bitwarden into Enpass. I updated several sites while using Enpass, so i thought it would be best to export from there, but it looks like that just made things worse from an import/export perspective. I may start over since most of my entries are malformed.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @donblanco ,

That's not uncommon - many Enpass users have migrated from various password managers.

You could use the bitwarden converter in the converter suite with your Bitwarden export, and see if that suits you better.

• donblanco
    donblanco
    Community Member
    Options

@MrC I did, and it did! Looks like fields are now all appropriately interpreted. Any recent changes can be reset/regenerated. Thanks for the assist!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

That's great news @donblanco .

Enjoy 1Password!

This discussion has been closed.