1password for Windows freezing during specific search Version 7.6.785 on Win 10 Pro

Options

I'm running V7.6.785 on Windows 10 Pro 20H2 Build 19042.630. The window pops up when I Ctrl-Shift-\ and works fine for the most part. I have 436 logins of which 14 logins begin with "MakerNexus - ". When I search on "MakerN", the list jumps to my Maker logins but, as soon as I click on one, the client freezes. Completely non-responsive and does not unfreeze. I have to use Task manager or right click on the 1password icon in the taskbar, to close the application. I can then restart it and it works fine. I can search for any other login, for example Bank and a few logins appear. I can select or use any of the logins. But as soon as I type "MakerN", or "MakerNex" and choose any one of the logins in the list, it freezes again.

For example I have logins for:
MakerNexus - Activity
MakerNexus - Ads
MakerNexus - Cisco
MakerNexus - We

If I scroll to the M's without doing a search, I can click on any of the MakerNexus logins just fine. But as soon as I search and choose one, it freezes again.

While the desktop client is frozen, the chrome extension still works.

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:freezing during a search

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dlandwirth, sorry for the troubles!

I believe that we fixed this incorrect behaviour in the latest beta. Could you please give it a try and let me know if it helps in your situation? Here is how you can switch to beta channel:

Use 1Password beta releases

Thanks in advance! :+1:

++
    Greg

• dlandwirth
    dlandwirth
    Community Member
    Options

Greg, thanks for the note and link. Will try later today and will report back.

• dlandwirth
    dlandwirth
    Community Member
    Options

Greg,

Just installed 7.6.787 beta. It fixed the problem. Thank you.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dlandwirth,

Fantastic news! I am glad to hear that it works. :)

Let us know if you have other questions, we are here to help.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.