Different experience from iOS app vs Windows upon create new passwords

Options

Hi Community,

Just moving over from another Password Manager to 1Password, but I don't have the same experience on my computer vs the app, and by that I mean, in the iOS app when I click new password, I get a perfect selection of different web solutions, but this is not visible in the Windows client (last version), and also from the web

Is there something I´m missing or should I use the app... to move my 100+ pw from the old password manager to have this default structure that is suggested upon creating the password in the app?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @NorwegianViking! Welcome to the forum!

The account suggestions list is indeed only available in the iOS app, to make it simpler to add new logins on a smaller screen (in the Windows app, you have the browser extension that can help you with this).

Is there something I´m missing or should I use the app... to move my 100+ pw from the old password manager to have this default structure that is suggested upon creating the password in the app?

You can import all your existing passwords without going through the account creation one by one. Here are the instructions to import your existing passwords:

Move your data from other applications to 1Password

• NorwegianViking
    NorwegianViking
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana,

Thank you for your quick reply to my question.

I did read the link you suggested, but I feel that the "password information" once I create them via the app, fills in more details (icon, website details, etc) so it "looks better".

So, to use the full quality of entering a password via bulk import, website or app is 60% ish of fulfillment vs creating them in the app that is 100% ;)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@NorwegianViking:

If the information is included in your import file, all of it will be added to your 1Password items, website details included. And the icon is just fetched based on the website field of the items, so it doesn't matter if you add them manually or automatically via an import, you will get icons regardless ;)

This discussion has been closed.