Searching in 1Password desktop app is often a pain

Options

I don't know why it happens, but it seems like every time I open the 1Password desktop app to manually find a login, the category filter on the sidebar is set to e.g. Credit Cards or Identities. Maybe

When I type, e.g. "Blizzard" to find my login I realise it only searches for credit cards, so I change the filter to Logins.

I then have to type Blizzard AGAIN.

Two possible solutions to this problem:

1) 1password always opens to All Items when you open it. Make it default, but optional - everyone doesn't use 1Password the same way.

2) Place a button (e.g. at the bottom of each list of search results), that says "Search all items"

This is very nitpicky, but easy to fix I think.

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @hubbabubba,

There is a useful keyboard shortcut that you can use in 1Password 7 for Windows: CTRL + SHIFT + F

It allows you to search all items right away without any additional manual steps. Could you please give it a try and let me know how it works for you?

Learn more about other search tricks here:

Search 1Password to find what you need

Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• hubbabubba
    hubbabubba
    Community Member
    Options

Yes that works, thank you. That's one option I didn't consider, but I would still prefer it if I always searched all items, no matter what I used 1Password for last time. Odds are high that I'm looking for something different

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the feedback @hubbabubba! Perhaps this is something that we consider in the future :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.