Chrome does not sign off

Options

More often than not, 1Password in Chrome does not sign off (lock) after the 5 minute time has elapsed. I even tried closing the Chrome browser completely, and reopened it, and 1password was still active (unlocked). this is a big security concern. My settings have Auto Lock, lock after 5 minutes idle, and lock when device goes to sleep. This happens on other machines I have too. please advise. thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.23.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:chrome does not sign off

Comments

• Hello @tony202,

1Password lives and works in your browser. Hence its auto-lock behaviours solely depend on the browser. That said, if your browser is closed but still runs in the background, 1Password will still run with it. 1Password also only locks when the idle time reaches five minutes, and I have seen some browsers do not stay idle even when users don't interact with it.

That said, to ensure that there is nothing that keeps your browser stays active all the time, please try these steps to see how it works.

Right-click the 1Password icon in Chrome's toolbar > Settings > Security > Ensure that you set the Auto-lock time to five minutes there.

Copy and paste this text to the browser's address bar: chrome://settings/ > Press enter / Return > Scroll down and extend Advanced > System > Switch off the "Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed" option > Try again.

This discussion has been closed.