OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:firefox extension is not working properly

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey there @superjack, sorry to hear that tags are not showing up for you via 1Password in Firefox. Could you update 1Password in Firefox and see if that helps?

1. Click the Firefox menu (three horizontal lines) in the toolbar and choose Add-ons.
    2. Find 1Password in the list and click into it.
    3. Click the gear icon and turn on Update Add-ons Automatically. To check for updates immediately, click the gear icon and choose Check for Updates.
    4. After things have been updated, fully quit Firefox, restart it, and unlock 1Password.

Let me know how things go!

• superjack
    superjack
    Community Member
    edited March 2021
    Options

I did all of that. The extension says I am running 1.23.1 It is still not working properly. I have automatic updates for Add -ons extensions set to on in Firefox. I quit Firefox but when you say shut it down completely what is the difference besides me quitting Firefox? Safari's extension looks 100% different. I have extension helper running in 1password preferences.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@superjack:

Thank you for the additional information! For confirmation, if you open this item on the 1Password.com website (instead of in the browser extension), do tags appear properly for you?

• superjack
    superjack
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I see all of the tags and everything else on 1Password.com. When I use the MacBook toolbar it works perfect also.Safari extension works perfectly also.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@superjack:

What about a new item? If you create a new Login item on the website, add a couple of tags to it, and open this item in the browser extension instead, are tags also missing from there?

• superjack
    superjack
    Community Member
    Options

I did create a new item and tagged it in (1Password website).It did not work. I see everything in the Firefox browser extension,but all tags are missing. There is not even a folder for tags. If i try to edit an item in the Firefox browser it takes me to the 1Paswword website. When I edit in Safari it works perfectly. I prefer to use Firefox over Safari.

• superjack
    superjack
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,ag-ana, there is no password generator in Firefox extension. Also when I try to log in on a website Firefox does not have auto fill in the extension. When I click on the toolbar icon 1Password it asks me to install the extension. It is installed. So I remove it and then install it again and then it doesn't work properly. So basically Firefox extension is useless to me.

• superjack
    superjack
    Community Member
    Options

So in the conversation before this one I was calling it tool bar. It was the Mac menu bar I meant.

• superjack
    superjack
    Community Member
    edited March 2021
    Options

I did upgrade today to 1Password 7 Version 7.8 Firefox is still no good. When I look at (all items) in Firefox they are not even in alphabetical order. When I click on the gear icons in both Safari and Firefox this what it looks like.!

• superjack
    superjack
    Community Member
    edited March 2021
    Options

Please help!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @superjack ,

Looks like you have installed the new 1Password in the browser. It looks and works a bit differently than what you may be used to.
    Firstly, you should see/find tags inside the login item if that item contains any tags. Here's an example of a tag named "Broccoli" I added to one of my items: http://recordit.co/LL5cP3xcqy

The interface of the new 1Password in the browser is different than your 1Password desktop app, so when you call 1Password from your Mac's menu bar or from Safari's toolbar, you'll see 1Password mini (which is a part of the desktop app), but when you call 1Password in Firefox, you'll get the new 1Password in the browser. Here's more info on whats new in it and how to work with it: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-browser/

1Password in the browser will generate and suggest new passwords for you if you visit a "change password" page or a signup page, but you can also get to the Password Generator by opening the extension's icon, selecting the big PLUS button to reveal the menu and selecting "Password Generator".

This new interface and experience will greatly improve your 1Password experience, since it will show up on its own inside usernames and password fields, making autofilling a breeze. I hope you give it a proper try now that you know the differences :)

If you wish to go back to 1Password Classic, which is the extension you were previously using, here's how: https://support.1password.com/cs/1password-classic-extension/

We're here if you have any further questions/issues with the new 1Password in the browser :+1:

• superjack
    superjack
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Yaron, Thank you for making it easy to understand what was going on.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad I was able to help out :+1:

This discussion has been closed.