Feature request: auto-detect bank card type

Options
lol
lol
Community Member

I think it's strange that the app requires you to manually enter the bank card type (Visa, Mastercard, etc.) when that detail is distinguishable from the card number. Sometimes it's actually a big PITA to determine the card type if the issuing bank obscures it; in fact, many of those "0 interest if paid in full" cards or other such retailer promos have physical cards with very little printed on them other than the big, fat brand logo and typically don't display the card type in the name of the promo card itself.

Secondary feature request: perhaps leave the card type manually selectable, and if you select a type that does not correspond to the card number and therefore is probably incorrect (which I probably have done many times amidst my bevy of cards stored in 1Password) or the card number you entered is incorrect, a warning could be displayed such as "Card type/number mismatch".

Tertiary feature request (oh baby, I'm on a roll): warnings/errors such as "weak password" should be ignorable and then go away and stop being counted in aggregate figures around the app. Some of my "weak passwords" are actually purposely so, e.g. for some local development services that aren't accessible from the Internet anyway and just have weak passwords for convenient entry during testing of some local service. I imagine WRT the secondary feature request above, someone might want to ignore the card type/number mismatch if it is also done on purpose for some reason.

Quaternary (how well do you know your ordinals? :tongue: ) feature request: should be able to use device camera to scan front and/or back of card to OCR auto-enter card details. Many apps feature this nowadays!

Thanks for entertaining my ideas. Together, these niceties would help your millions of customers save loads of time, cumulatively probably several lifetimes' worth of the time it takes to execute excess keystrokes, clicks, and taps. :+1:

1Password Version: 7.8.3
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 11.3.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2021
    Options

Hi @lol

We have feature requests filed for these, and I've added your voice to them. :) Thank you for the feedback!

how well do you know your ordinals?

You lost me at quaternary! :p

Ben

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#198
    ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#130
    ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#19

• bhanafee
    bhanafee
    Community Member
    Options

Quinary (Yeah, I had to look it up) feature request: Warn if the number entered doesn't have a correct Luhn checksum.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the suggestion @bhanafee, I have passed it to the developers too :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#198

This discussion has been closed.