Keybinding customization

Options

Hello

Is it possible to implement custom keybinding option? I want to customize keyboard shortcuts.

Comments

• MikeT
    edited June 2021
    Options

Hi @Naxterra,

Thanks for the great question, not yet. It is something we're going to work on to add to the Settings UI.

ref: dev/core/core#3374

• MikeT
    Options

@Naxterra, is there a specific keyboard shortcut you want? It'd help us prioritize if we know what you need the most right now.

• MikeT
    edited June 2021
    Options

Thanks. That's something we're looking to expand the shortcuts for as well as right-click menu on the item list to copy certain fields.

ref: dev/core/core#2810

when I am using 1Password to fill Windows apps, it takes a bit much time by mouse clicks.

You can drag and drop it too, instead of copying/pasting it.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited June 2021
    Options

@MikeT

You can drag and drop it too, instead of copying/pasting it.

I used 1Password Mini to drag & drop credentials from... :(
    https://1password.community/discussion/121552/1password-mini-is-gone-now

• Blake
    edited June 2021
    Options

@DenalB

You can still Drag & Drop directly from 1Password 8 for Windows. No mini required.

Please see Mike’s comment on your linked thread.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

I saw the comment. Thanks. ;)

• Blake
    Options

🤗

• Blake
    Options

Could you try to use drag and drop into something like Notepad? Does this only happen within Steam?

After testing things here on my end, I wasn't able to reproduce the same results you mentioned that you're seeing.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

I was wondering that my former post from yesterday was deleted... I only wanted to help and wanted to add my experience here with the Steam client. It takes a lot of time for me to read the topics and try to help. If you don't want help from the community, just say it and I will disappear... :(

After updating to 8.1.0-60.BETA the problem with the Steam client still exists. But it seems to be a special problem with the Steam client. Dragging & dropping into Notepad works as expected. Username and password are pasted correctly here.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited June 2021
    Options

@Naxterra

When I drag and drop username or password or OTP code, it is not taking first character but fills the rest of the field.

I could reproduce this behavior with the Bitwarden browser extension in Vivaldi browser. When trying to log in, I dragged and dropped the username and password into the fields. And I had different results.

Username:
    DenalB_DenalB_DenalB@denalb_denalb.de

Password:
    1234567890_1234567890_1234567890

I pressed STRG (CTRL) + I when on the Bitwarden entry in 1PW8, so that a new window opened with the credentials.

Here are the different results after dropping...

Strange, isn't it?

• Blake
    edited June 2021
    Options

@DenalB

I was wondering that my former post from yesterday was deleted... I only wanted to help and wanted to add my experience here with the Steam client. It takes a lot of time for me to read the topics and try to help. If you don't want help from the community, just say it and I will disappear... :(

I'm not seeing any comments from here on this thread since June 15th. Make sure to double-check it wasn't saved to your drafts. If you're not seeing it there, it's possible there was some sort of hiccup and the comment was lost somewhere in the ether. I know I've lost at least one or two fully-fleshed comments myself in the past with unexplained circumstances. 😵‍💫

That said, we do seriously appreciate all of the time you (and everyone else) puts into helping us make 1Password better for everyone. We 💙 you.

I could reproduce this behavior with the Bitwarden browser extension in Vivaldi browser. When trying to log in, I dragged and dropped the username and password into the fields. And I had different results.

Just so we're on the same page, you're stating you seem the same exact issue while using BitWarden, taking 1Password out of the equation entirely? Or are you using Drag & Drop from 1Password into BitWarden?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Blake!

Or are you using Drag & Drop from 1Password into BitWarden?

Yes. I tried to log in into the Bitwarden browser extension taking the credentials from 1Password using drag & drop. It has nothing to do with Bitwarden. ;)

That said, we do seriously appreciate all of the time you (and everyone else) puts into helping us make 1Password better for everyone. We 💙 you.

Thanks a lot for these kind words. :+1:

• Blake
    edited June 2021
    Options

Apologies for the delayed reply @DenalB 😵‍💫

After playing around with this more today and running this past our development team, this is expected behavior here.

Whenever you're using Drag & Drop, the dropped text will drop wherever your cursor is, meaning that if you're cursor isn't at the end of the text you already have in a field, it's going to insert itself wherever the cursor was left when it was dropped.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

That's not the problem @Blake . There is no need to drop a username or a password more than once into a field. I only wanted to show... ;)

The issue doesn't appear every time you drop username or a password into the fields. Let me show you with the help of the login screen from the Bitwarden extension.

As you can see, sometimes the letters are mixed.

But as I mentioned earlier, dropping is not working with the Steam app.

Dropping into notepad is not a problem. Only some login screens seem to have this issue.

• Blake
    edited June 2021
    Options

@DenalB

Ah! Thank you so much for the demonstrations! It's definitely clear that I was definitely misunderstanding, and that something isn't quite right there, now that I can see it happen in real-time.

I've gone ahead and filed an issue with our development team so we can continue to look into what's happening with the Drag & Drop behavior here.

ref: dev/core/core#8386

This discussion has been closed.