Chrome Extension no longer works

Options
alxlu
alxlu
Community Member

Hi, I've been using 1Password on Linux for a while and it has worked well. Previously, it seemed like the Linux app and the chrome extension were decoupled and they both worked fine. However, with a recent update it seems like the extension now launches the app when triggered. Normally this would be fine, however, it causes the app to pop up, moving it from the original monitor/space it was on onto the same window as the browser (which is usually not desirable), but more importantly, after unlocking, it seems to just quit, and the extension in Chrome just remains locked and I'm unable to autofill any passwords.

The only way around this seems to be to unlock the desktop 1password in advance before triggering the extension in Chrome.

1Password Version: 8.1.2-82.BETA
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: Fedora 32

Comments

• Hey there @alxlu, I'm really sorry you're running into a problem using 1Password! The desktop app and browser extension can integrate with one another, but it's definitely odd that 1Password is locking itself, right after unlocking it. I'd like to get a look at the logs from 1Password and 1Password in your browser - let's continue this conversation over email. Could you send me an email at support+linux@1password.com?

Please include a diagnostics report from the desktop app, as well as a console log from the 1Password extension. Here's how to generate a diagnostics report from the desktop app:

1. Open up the 1Password app, click your account name in the top-left corner of the app, and click Settings from the dropdown menu.
    2. Switch to the Advanced page, and click Send Diagnostics.
    3. Click Reveal to show the diagnostics report in the filesystem. Copy that file, and attach it to your next reply.

Here's a handy guide for generating a console log:

Generate a console log from 1Password in your browser

Please attach both reports to your message. After you email in, you should receive a Conversation ID that looks like this: [#ABC-12345-678]. Please paste that here, and I'll use it to track your email down from my end.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to getting this sorted for you! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.