Quick Access (the artist formerly known as Mini)

Options
2»

Comments

• odysseus
    odysseus
    Community Member
    Options

Does 1P mini no longer have a use with 1P8?

• This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password for Safari extension.
  • Ben
    Options

Hi @odysseus

I merged your comment with another thread on the same subject. Please see above. :)

Ben

• odysseus
    odysseus
    Community Member
    Options

I think you may have deleted it, along with a similar posting in that same thread 😞

• Ben
    Options

I'm not sure I follow. Your question is here:

https://1password.community/discussion/comment/608476/#Comment_608476

Does 1P mini no longer have a use with 1P8?

Ben

• sammarks
    sammarks
    Community Member
    Options

I don't think anyone else has chimed in on a few of these yet, but my feedback for Quick Access:

• Add an easier way to change the shortcut. I had to edit a .json file, guess the name of the key, and then add the shortcut myself for it to work. I saw this mentioned somewhere else and I second it; but I think I saw it's already being worked on too.
    • Allow customizing the default action, or add more keyboard shortcuts down at the bottom of the quick search window; maybe Cmd+Shift+C to copy, Cmd+Shift+O to open and fill? Saw this somewhere else as well, second it.
    • Biggest suggestion: Show favorites at the top of the list. 1Password inside the browser does this when searching, and Quick Access doesn't appear to honor favorites.
  • OAW
    OAW
    Community Member
    Options

@rob @roustem Is the new Quick Access featured intended to be a replacement to 1PW Mini? If so, will the browsing functionality of the Mini be included or will it be positioned as a search only tool? As it stands now it seems to be geared towards keyboard jockeys and doesn't encompass the full functionality that the Mini has. I'm just curious as to the intent behind it and what the development roadmap has in store?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2021
    Options

Hi @OAW

Quick Access is the intended successor to Mini, yes. It has been designed with searching rather than browsing in mind, as user testing found that to be the much more common expected use case. You're right though — it is much quicker and more convenient for someone comfortable with the keyboard as opposed to a mouse. That's feedback I'd be happy to take back to the team.

Ben

ref: dev/core/core#9617

• This discussion was created from comments split from: Design language.
  • Ben
    Options

@sammarks

Thanks!

Add an easier way to change the shortcut. I had to edit a .json file, guess the name of the key, and then add the shortcut myself for it to work. I saw this mentioned somewhere else and I second it; but I think I saw it's already being worked on too.

Yep; this is coming.

Allow customizing the default action, or add more keyboard shortcuts down at the bottom of the quick search window; maybe Cmd+Shift+C to copy, Cmd+Shift+O to open and fill? Saw this somewhere else as well, second it.
    Biggest suggestion: Show favorites at the top of the list. 1Password inside the browser does this when searching, and Quick Access doesn't appear to honor favorites.

Some interesting thoughts. I'd be happy to share them with the team. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.