1Password not activating for apps, even 1P website!

Options
Issy13
Issy13
Community Member

Hi, 1Password no longer recognises my apps, eg, my bank app uses the same name & password as if I log in online but when I go on the app, 1P doesn't even activate when I try to log in. I have to manually enter my username and flip back and forth to 1P to copy the password. This only started happening after one of the last iOS updates, and it's really annoying as it happens on most of my apps. It even did it trying to set up this account to get support. Not sure how to fix it, if there is a fix?

Comments

• Hi @Issy13:

Would you mind confirming for me that AutoFill is set appropriately on your device?

1. On the Home screen, tap Settings.
    2. Tap Passwords > AutoFill Passwords.
    3. Turn on AutoFill Passwords.
    4. Select 1Password.

For more info, see here: Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

Jack

• Issy13
    Issy13
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, yes it's set up like that. It used to work very well, but lately it hasn't been working.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Issy13:

When you are on the login form inside these apps, do you at least see the suggestion above your keyboard? Or is the suggestions bar not coming up at all for you?

• Issy13
    Issy13
    Community Member
    Options

The suggestion doesn't pop up anymore. It used to, but now it's happening enough that I decided to write in!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Issy13:

Understood :+1: Can you share the download URL of the banking app? We will be happy to test it, and see if it's something specific to this app, or perhaps with your 1Password configuration. Thank you!

• SirBlondie
    SirBlondie
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, just wanted to note that I'm having a similar problem. Might be some auto-detection issues, potentially on Apple's end, not 1Password.
    If I go to Twitter's website, I get two options, enter my usual email address, or the Hide My Address option, no pre-fill password option. If I go to a different website with a username and password prompt, I get the usual options to enter my saved username and password.

So it looks like there's been a change in the password entry field detection, because certainly it used to work for the Twitter website.

• Issy13
    Issy13
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana, it's happening with the app for Marcus by Goldman Sachs, but not on their website. I don't know how to give you the url for an app from the AppStore? It is happening intermittently on several apps, I should have taken screenshots of more of them... Here's the one for Marcus, if I don't allow face ID, when I click in the password box, the keyboard comes up but not the suggestion from 1Password. Thanks.

• Issy13
    Issy13
    Community Member
    Options

But also, when I went into the 1Password app, and went to the help section, it took me to this website, and I had to create an account. When I had to enter my email address and choose a password, it did not offer to fill in my email address nor offer me any suggestions of passwords to create a login (which is rather ironic), and I couldn't get out to manually go into 1Password to create a login, so I had to use a simple crappy password I would remember! :(

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SirBlondie:

I checked the Twitter website, and I see that it has the login page divided into two pages: one for the email, and one for the password. After you have entered your email in the first page, are you able to then fill the password in the second one? Or is the problem in both pages for you?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Issy13:

The app is not available in my app store unfortunately, so I have asked the rest of the team if someone else can test this for you :+1:

When I had to enter my email address and choose a password, it did not offer to fill in my email address nor offer me any suggestions of passwords to create a login

What browser did this happen with, and with what version of the 1Password browser extension?

I couldn't get out to manually go into 1Password to create a login, so I had to use a simple crappy password I would remember! :(

Why couldn't you manually go into 1Password at that point?

• SirBlondie
    SirBlondie
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana Yes, after entering the username, I'm prompted to use the password from 1password. Weirdly this seems to be intermittent. After having no luck 2 days ago, it worked fine yesterday, and now it's failing again today.

I'm pretty sure this is not a 1password thing, I assume Apple has to detect this as username/password field then offer the user the choice of password entry mechanisms. I'm just hoping you have the better contacts :-)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SirBlondie:

I'm pretty sure this is not a 1password thing, I assume Apple has to detect this as username/password field then offer the user the choice of password entry mechanisms.

I think that this is exactly it :+1:

• Issy13
    Issy13
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana, seems it is also intermittent for me, seems better now, but it had been getting worse for 2-3 weeks. I always have the latest version of the software, and ise Safari most of the time. What tipped me over was the creating of the account for this help community: I couldn't switch to 1Password to manually create a password and username because I was already in 1Password and creating an account from within the app (after I clicked on the help section)! The one thing that does happen more though, I have noticed, is actually with some car parking apps: I downloaded a few recently and as I am creating an account, I go into 1P to create a password. I copy it, and paste it in the password box, but when comes time to paste it again a second time to reconfirm the password, it won't let me paste anything, presumably a security feature? (Or maybe a bug?) Is there a workaround for this?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Issy13:

I copy it, and paste it in the password box, but when comes time to paste it again a second time to reconfirm the password, it won't let me paste anything, presumably a security feature? (Or maybe a bug?) Is there a workaround for this?

I see this sometimes too, and typically the behavior is designed by the website. Are you able to paste the password a second time if you copy it again? Or does the second password field not accept pasting contents at all?

• Issy13
    Issy13
    Community Member
    Options

The second field doesn't accept pasting at all, I have tried to copy it individually, etc, without success so it might be the way the app is conceived. Thanks for taking the time to check on tgese things for me, I appreciate it!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Issy13:

The second field doesn't accept pasting at all, I have tried to copy it individually, etc, without success so it might be the way the app is conceived.

I suspected that was the case. I don't think there is anything we can do if the website doesn't allow us to paste in the field at all unfortunately :(

Thanks for taking the time to check on tgese things for me, I appreciate it!

You are very welcome! It's a pleasure :)

This discussion has been closed.